Minority Business Development Services
Through the Commission on Economic Inclusion, the Greater Cleveland Partnership supports the growth and development of minority-owned businesses. Our objective is to promote increases in the total revenue, value, size and number of employees for minority-owned businesses in our region and throughout the State of Ohio.
With funding from the Burton D. Morgan Foundation and The George Gund Foundation, the Minority Business Service Providers Collaborative fully leverages business development resources in a coordinated and efficient process to accelerate the growth of promising businesses.
Eleven Northeast Ohio business assistance organizations have teamed up to mutually identify and support a limited number of minority business enterprises (MBEs) to stimulate job growth and economic development in the region.
How the collaborative works
The collaborative will connect individual service delivery of multiple organizations while they maintain their independent functions, structure and identities. This will be done by:
- Assessing each organization’s mix of services; and the geographies, industries and size of clients served.
- Agreeing to a joint method of assessment and growth continuum classification.
- Developing protocols for client intake and sharing of information as well as joint assessments.
- Subscribing to a client management/contact system which is shared among the collaborative.
- Ascribing and assigning organizations to segments of the client services based upon the fit.
- Monitoring and holding providers accountable for service delivery and results.
- Evaluating performance of the collaborative annually
Businesses that are selected to participate will complete an assessment designed to identify the business' strengths and areas for potential development.
The assessment's results will serve as a starting point to determine how the resources of the collaborative best align with business needs.
If you are a minority business owner and interested in participating in the pilot program, please contact Scott Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.592.2213.